Poker Basics - Learn to Play Poker - Poker Rules
From Toby Bochan, former About.com Guide
- Poker 101: What beats what, how to bet and how to behave
- Poker Rules: How to Play Different Poker Games
- Casino Poker: Table Game Rules
- Get Started Playing Video Poker
- Poker Slang: Talk the talk
Poker 101: What beats what, how to bet and how to behave
Learn what you need to know even before you sit down at your first game, including the ranking of poker hands, the basics of betting, and basic poker table manners.
- Ranking of Poker Hands
- Illustrated Guide: Poker hands from best to worst
- The Basics of Betting
- Poker Etiquette 101
- Understand Position in Poker
Poker Rules: How to Play Different Poker Games
Learn how to play Texas Hold'em, five-card draw, seven-card stud, Omaha, and more common poker games.
- Texas Hold'em Poker Rules
- Five-card Draw Poker Rules
- Five-card stud rules
- Seven-card Stud Poker Rules
- Seven-Card Stud High-Low
- Razz Poker Rules
- Omaha High Poker Rules
- Chinese Poker Rules
- Crazy Pineapple Poker Rules
- Deuce-to-Seven Triple Draw Rules
- Double-Flop Texas Hold'em
- H.O.R.S.E. Poker Rules
- S.H.O.E. Poker Rules
Casino Poker: Table Game Rules
When you visit a casino, there may not always be a poker room, but there is almost always a section of table games where you can enjoy some of these fun poker-based games.
Get Started Playing Video Poker
Video poker is found in almost every casino in the world and is a super-easy game to learn. On top of that, just learning the basics and playing smart can make the casino's edge almost disappear which means you can make a profit by playing!
- How to Play Jacks or Better Video Poker
- Choose the Right Video Poker Machine
- Video Poker Strategy and Tips
Poker Slang: Talk the talk
Learn the language and lingo of poker so you don't seem like a fish to all the sharks.