Tuan Le’s Vital Stats:
Tuan Le was born on February 15th in Paris, France, but grew up in Kansas City and Los Angeles, where he still lives. He dropped out of college to play poker, and has made five final tables, winning two of them, the first the 2004 World Poker Finals championship event at Foxwoods, then at the 2005 Five- Star World Poker Classic championship, netting him over $4 million bucks.
Tuan Le’s Poker Beginnings:
While Tuan was at college, he was introduced to poker by his economics teacher, and soon after he was playing $20/40 limit hold'em at the Huster Casino in LA. Barry Greenstein noticed the young Le and took him under his wing as his mentor.
Tuan Le’s Notable Tournament Wins:
- 2005 World Poker Tour Third Annual Five-Star World Poker Classic
- 2004 World Poker Tour World Poker Finals, Foxwoods
Tuan Le on What Makes Him a Winning Player:
"Probably a natural ability to play aggressively. Also, I can read opponents pretty well."
--From a Cardplayer.com interview
Tuan Le Trivia:
- Barry Greenstein has refered to Le as his 'poker son'.
- Greenstein's book, "An Ace on the River," is the only poker book Tuan admits reading.
- Tuan's brother, Nam Le, has also won a WPT event
- For fun, he plays tennis and badminton.
- He likes to listen to rap music & watch reality TV shows