Phil Hellmuth's Vital Stats:
Phil Hellmuth was born in 1964 in Madison, Wisconsin, and has won 11 World Series of Poker Bracelets, more than any other player, including a main event win in 1989. He has been at over 20 final tables at the World Series of Poker and won over 4 million dollars there. Outside the table, he lives in Palo Alto, California with his wife and two sons. In 2006, he was chosen to replace Phil Gordon as the new co-host of Celebrity Poker Showdown.
Phil Hellmuth's Poker Nickname:
"The Poker Brat"
Phil Hellmuth at the Table:
Phil Hellmuth is known as the "poker brat" for a reason – when opponents outdraw on him, he’s been known to throw temper tantrums.
Phil Hellmuth's Favorite Players:
In an interview at pokerpages.com, he said that he admires Ted Forrest, Johnny Chan, and Annie Duke.
Phil Hellmuth's Notable World Series of Poker Wins:
- 2007 $1,500 buy-in No-Limit Hold'em Event
- 2006 $1,000 buy-in with rebuys No-Limit Hold'em Event
- 2003 Limit Hold'em Event
- 2003 No-Limit Hold'em Event
- 2001 No-Limit Hold'em Event
- 1997 Pot-Limit Hold'em Event
- 1993 No-Limit Hold'em Event
- 1993 Limit Hold'em Event
- 1992 Limit Hold'em Event
- 1989 No-Limit Hold'em Main Event
Phil Hellmuth Trivia:
- Phil Hellmuth, at 24, was the youngest player to ever win the championship no-limit event at the WSOP.
- Phil's wife is a psychologist
- At the 2002 World Series, after getting knocked out by Robert Varkonyi, swore Varkonyi could shave his head if he won. Varkonyi did indeed win, and Hellmuth did indeed lose his hair.
Phil Hellmuth on Winning his 10th WSOP Bracelet:
"I said this the other day, I said I'd pay a million dollars to win a bracelet, but (I) had to win it. I didn't know if I'd get there because I came close three times this trip. I'm just so, so happy."