Dan Harrington's Vital Stats:
Dan Harrington was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts and was the state chess champion. Before he started playing poker, he was a backgammon champion and a bankruptcy lawyer. In 1995, he won the main event of the World Series of Poker and made back-to-back final tables at the main event in 2003 and 2004. He's also the author of "Harrington on Hold'em," a 3-part series on no-limit hold'em tournaments. He currently lives in Santa Monica, CA.
In 2007, he won the World Poker Tour Legends of Poker event at the Bicycle casino and $1.6 million.
Dan Harrington's Poker Nickname:
Dan Harrington at the Table:
Harrington is known as an extremely tight player, who is very cool & calm at the table and never has outbursts or seems overly excited. He's recognizable by the green Boston Red Sox cap he usually wears.
Dan Harrington's Notable Tournament Wins:
- 2007 World Poker Tour Legends of Poker $10,000 buy-in Main Event
- 1995 World Series of Poker - $10,000 Buy-in No Limit Hold'em Main Event
- 1995 World Series of Poker - $2,500 Buy-in No Limit Hold'em Event
- 1995 Four Queens Poker Classic -- $5,000 No Limit Hold'em event
Dan Harrington at the 1995 World Series of Poker:
According to Barry Greenstein, when Harrington made it to the final table, he proposed that everyone split the pot, explaining that "each get enough money that they could invest it and be rich." Everyone rejected the idea. Then, "One by one, as each player got knocked out, Dan tried to sell the idea, even offering investment counseling. There were no takers and eventually Dan came away with the full million."
Dan Harrington Trivia:
- One of Harrington's first poker opponents was Bill Gates
- He also played at the Mayfair Club along with Howard Lederer & Erik Seidel